We are getting super excited — our first Pop-Up Pastry Bake Sale is only three days away!
Join us from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., this Saturday, April 5, and nibble on some of Pastry Chef Katie Brown‘s spicy Killer Pecan shortbread cookies and more at our Inwood Village location. The event benefits Voice of Hope.
We caught up with Katie recently to learn a little bit more about her and her epicurean inspirations:
- What would the title of your autobiography be? My Life in Hell, I Mean the Kitchen
- Who is your favorite chef? George, ha ha …
- What is your favorite dessert? That is really hard to answer because I love everything. I love good cookies, chocolate cake. I like the newer more-esoteric stuff as well, but it has to really be done well or it is not good.
- What are two things people don’t know about you? I am the first person in my family born in the U.S.A. My birthday is the first day of a decade.
- Who most influenced your life? My mom and dad
- Earliest epicurean memory? My parents took my brother out in Houston for his 20th birthday and because I was still at home I got to come to. I think the restaurant was called Chez George, I had profiteroles with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce and I can still remember how good they were.
- List three people you think rule? I can tell you three that wish they ruled! Clementine, William and Oliver (Katie’s children, triplets)
- Secret obsession right now? Marmalade! Eggs from our chickens, even the kids are judging the color of the yolks now.
- One ingredient you cannot live without? Butter
- How do you want to be remembered? I would love to be remembered for all the wonderful and important things I have done and contributed to society and my friends, but I haven’t done that much yet so I would be satisfied to BE remembered! It will be much more interesting to hear what people have to say about me at my funeral!